Family / Whānau
Manawatu Supporting Families believes that family/whanau provide the greatest support to the mental health person. Manawatu Supporting Families provides a safe environment built upon trust, honesty, empathy and professionalism which is guaranteed at all times. We are committed to listening and respecting people and providing them with opportunities, information and education. We will walk alongside the family and positively encourage and enable families to achieve wellness.
Staff are accessible to families and endeavour to meet their needs and be a reliable support in a time of great difficulty. You are not alone, we are only a phone call away.
Supporting Families in Mental Illness Manawatu provides
- Information about mental illness.
- Education individuallly and as a group.
- Support for all whose lives are affected by mental illness.
- Advocacy in helping people to get more from services.
- Public Education
- Regular Newsletters
- Peer Support Centre for all whose lives are affected by mental illness.
When receiving our services you have the right.......
- to be respected.
- to have your confidentiality respected.
- to have a safe environment.
- to be taken seriously and to be heard.
- to be free from discrimination based on ethnicity, religion, age and disability.
- to withdraw from services or say \\\\\\\"no\\\\\\\".
- to be well informed about our organisation and about the way our service operates, and to be kept in touch with any new developments.
- to be acknowledged.
- to a service that is easily accessed, responsive and has a fair complaints procedure.
- to provide feedback on support received and have input into service provision.
We all know that people do not experience mental illness in isolation. We also know that when a person becomes unwell because of a mental illness, that many other people are also affected. We support those who support someone affected by:
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
We offer free, confidential support in a safe environment built upon trust, empathy, professionalism and honesty at the following locations, Palmerston North, Levin and Dannevirke.